You’re welcome at Taringa-Milton-Toowong Scout Group where we have sections for ages from 7.5 years to 26 years. All groups are open to both males and females.
Our sections meet at 31 Woodstock Avenue, Taringa, Queensland. The Scout den is located in five acres of bush in the heart of Taringa. We’re among the oldest scout groups in Queensland, having been established in 1908.
- Joeys: for ages 6 – 7.5. No mob at present
- Cubs: for ages 7.5 – 10.5. Meet on Tuesday, 6pm – 7:30pm
- Scouts: for ages 10.5 – 14.5. Meet on Thursday, 6:45pm – 8:45pm
- Venturers: for ages 14.5 – 18. Meet on Friday, 7:30pm – 9:30pm
- Rovers: for ages 18 – 26. Meet on Monday, 7:30pm – 9:30 pm
It’s easy to join our group at any time in the the year – see how to join >
What’s so great about Scouts?
Scouts provides young Aussies aged 6 to 25 with fun and challenging opportunities to grow through adventure.
- Do something different and fun each week
- Develop life skills such as self confidence, resilience, teamwork and leadership.
- Take part in an extraordinary variety of outdoor activities, from camping, bushcraft and night orienteering, through to more extreme challenges such as abseiling, overnight hiking, canoeing, sailing, even flying.
- Learn valuable practical skills.
- Make new friends.
- Contribute to the community and environment.
- Achieve badges and awards as you learn.
Bear Grylls, world renowned adventurer and star of ‘Man vs Wild’ says Scouting made him who he is. He encourages young Australian boys and girls to grab the opportunities Scouting presents.